Monday, September 7, 2009

Let's Get Started!

This blog has been created as part of the requirements for my Information Storage and Retrieval (LS 5013-20) class at Texas Women's University, but I hope it will become much more than just a compilation of classwork!

As everyone can guess, I hope to work in a library one day and my heart lies in the creation and implementation of literacy programs aimed at young adults. Libraries have the opportunity to be more than book storage in these modern times - we can help to foster the desire for lifelong learning and assist in providing a place for this occur. My desire is to get in on the "ground floor" and build programs that teens find innovative and interesting.

Throughout this class, I will collect and post items on this topic in the hope that my classmates and I can freely share new and fresh ideas!

~Jeana : )

No comments:

Post a Comment